Advanced Diploma of Christian Ministry & Theology
The Advanced Diploma of Christian Ministry & Theology (10435NAT) is stage 3 of VBC training and takes 1 year to complete as a full time learner.
You'll spend four days a week working in your chosen ministry area under the guidance of an approved gospel worker.
You'll also spend one day a week in face to face learning at VBC alongside other learners.
Over the year you will be equipped to serve in a local Church as an Assistant Minister or parachurch organisation as a chaplain.
This course is also available for part time study with day and evening classes available. Contact us for more information.
To enroll in this course learners must:
- Have completed a Diploma of Christian Ministry and Theology or equivalent.
- Have access to a relevant workplace or a good simulation thereof e.g. working as an assistant in ministry or as a volunteer in a community organisation where the practical skills can be demonstrated.
In addition, all learners enrolling at VBC are required to be professing Christians and actively involved in a local church.
There are 10 subjects in this course:
- Denominational Studies (CMTTHE601A)
- Old Testament 3 (CMTTHE602A)
- Doctrine 2 (CMTTHE603A)
- New Testament 3 (CMTTHE604A)
- Christian Ethics 2 (CMTMIN601A)
- Preaching 2 (CMTMIN602A)
- Christian Leadership 2 (BSBMGT605)
- Sustaining Christian Leadership (CHCPRP003)
- Doing Church in Hard Places (CHCCDE013)
- Introduction to Biblical Languages (PSPTIS066)
This course costs $520 per subject for full time or part time study. This includes all course handbooks, notes and required learning materials. These fees are due at the start of each subject. The total cost for all 10 subjects is $5,200.
Additional information about each of the above topics can be found in the VBC Prospectus. The prospectus also contains important information about VBC policies including privacy, grievances and disputes, exemptions and support services.